Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bread Salad

I really miss going to Wildflower Bakery in AZ. It's kind of like Panera, but different. Almost everything you order comes with a bread salad. It sounds weird, but it is SO yummy. Well, I made my own that I thought would go well with my Grilled Portabello Mushroom Sandwiches that I made tonight. So, here is my version of Bread salad too.

3 Roma Tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1/4 yellow pepper, diced
1/3 English cucumber, diced
green onion
Sourdough bread, cut/torn into pieces
2-4 Tbs Balsamic vinegrette
juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
garlic powder (because I forgot the REAL garlic)
salt/pepper to taste

Put all ingredients, except bread, into a large bowl & tos to mix. Add bread & toss to coat. Refrigerate or serve right away.

I'm looking forward to having a little more tomorrow too. The flavors will have had time to blend more. Yummy!

No comments: